Friday, September 16, 2011

The Best of New York Fashion Week

New York Fashion Week was held this week at Lincoln Center in NYC, where designers presented their Spring/Summer 2012 Ready-to-Wear collections.


In my opinion, there was no better way to spend my free time this week than to watch live runway shows on YouTube and click through all the coverage I could find on Style.com, Styleite, Fashionista, and other fashion sites.


Below I've compiled my favorite 5 looks from what were, in my opinion, the top 4 collections show at NYFW this season. At the end I've also added some highlight pieces from other collections that made me fall in love.


Oscar de la Renta... Justin Timberlake recently told Styleite, "When you come to see Oscar’s show, you’re looking for romance." I'm happy to conclude that JT can't have been disappointed in de la Renta's S/S 2012 RTW collection. Romance was definitely a prominent theme in the collection. Favorite look: photo #4.







Christian Siriano... It's no secret that I've been a Siriano fan since he was on Project Runway coining the term "fierce" a few years ago. This has been my favorite collection of his to date, though it was definitely hard to choose. Favorite look: photo #3.








Milly by Michelle Smith... Though she's a relatively new designer on the scene, I was blown away by this collection. Ordinarily the use of color-blocking and geometric shapes to this extent could get overwhelming, but she pulled it off breathtakingly. I often shy away from prints, but the entire collection is extremely tasteful and classy, and I could see myself wearing so many of her pieces. I had an incredibly hard time choosing only five! Favorite look: photo #1.








Donna Karan... An avid reader of DKNY PR Girl, I was really looking forward to Donna Karan's collection this season. It shattered my expectations, but as I clicked through each of the 41 looks, I found myself even more drawn in to each piece. Her tribal theme was raw, elegant and inspired. This was another collection that I had great difficulty narrowing down to 5 looks (so here are my top 7...shhh!) Favorite looks: photos #2 & #5








Standout Looks... Here are my top 3 looks that definitely deserve honorable mention, because while the collections as a whole didn't make my top 4, these pieces surely should have!

Rachel Zoe



DKNY



Prabal Gurung


Which designers or pieces do you think stood out most at New York Fashion Week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?