Monday, June 6, 2011

Handmade Maxi Dress

Last week I had a craving to do something I haven't done in far too long - sewing. The last piece I made was a circle scarf (2 matching ones) out of a gorgeous purple fabric I received as a gift. I made those over spring break, but it was a quick project, and didn't involve much creativity.


Last week I had a craving to do some real sewing, and to go to Mood, the fabric store I frequent (if you're wondering why the name of some random fabric store sounds familiar, it's because that's where they go on Project Runway.)


Anyway, I stopped by Mood after work one day last week and picked up 3 yards of a gorgeous abstract-patterned jersey, and some plain black jersey. I spent Sunday working on it, and (after making some rookie mistakes that wouldn't have happened had I been keeping up with my sewing) ended up with a finished maxi dress!


I wore it to work today, styled with brown American Eagle sandals, a brown, green, and gold chunky beaded necklace, and long gold beaded earrings.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job. I love the dress.

I am a fellow independent blogger and an emerging designer.

I have been following your blog for a while and I wanted to let you know about a giveaway that I am holding (link below). One of my clothing designs is being given away at a friend's blog.

It's a beautiful couture hand-made garment I designed-- retail value of $175. I hope you will enter the contest and follow me at Danielle Celeste.me.
http://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com/2011/06/designer-gift-giveaway-danielle-celeste.html

Weaveron Textile said...

looking so pretty...

Post a Comment

Thoughts?