Sunday, July 24, 2011

Nail Trends

I've recently become intrigued by the nail trends craze, which has been sweeping the runways, movies, blogs and magazines more than before. 


While I've been falling in love with summer colors (I've played around with royal blue sparkles, mint green, and especially neons), I've also been obsessing over fun twists in the nail polish world that go beyond choosing a color.


One of the easiest nail trends to follow is having an "accent nail" - polishing all of your nails one color, and the nail on your ring finger a different accent color. I have to admit I tried quite a few combinations before finding an accent nail that worked with my main color, and didn't seem silly. Accent nails aren't meant to look clownish, but rather to complement the main color.


Ultimately, I love what I ended up with: 
Another trend I love is switching up a traditional french manicure. I decided to channel the movie Something Borrowed and do black tips instead of the typical white. I'm in love with them.
What nail trends are you trying out this summer?


1 comment:

Emily said...

I couldn't stop looking at her nails too! I love the black french mani- however when I did it the black chipped off so quickly, even with the top coat. :/

Post a Comment

Thoughts?