Tuesday, July 5, 2011

How Bad Can That Be?

I know, I know. Rule #1 of blogging is never to go too long without posting an entry! And in that case, I fail. 


I am, however, on my way to crossing one of my goals off my list! I have been working on "learn[ing] to cook (AKA watch[ing] lots of Barefoot Contessa)." I am proud to say I've been doing both consistently.


In a previous blogpost I talked about the chocolate-covered strawberries I made using a Barefoot Contessa recipe, and tonight I cooked salmon in a mustard sauce and a watermelon arugula salad that would have made Ina proud (since the salad is her recipe, after all).


For those of you who are thinking that it sounds delicious (it is), here's the incredibly easy recipe in my words (since I sat down in front of my TV while watching and scribbled out the instructions):


1. Place half a pound of baby arugula in a large bowl.
2. Add 2 lbs. of seedless watermelon, diced in 3/4-inch chunks.


















3. For the dressing: In a separate bowl, add 1/4-cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice, 1/3-cup of olive oil, 1 tsp of kosher salt, and 1/2-tsp of black pepper. Whisk together.


























4. Pour dressing and toss. Add shavings of parmesan cheese and sprinkle a pinch of salt.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?