Sunday, May 22, 2011

Summer Goals

One thing that has been brought to my attention that I tend to do is set up goals for myself over a certain period of time. I never really noticed that this was such a positive thing to do, until it was pointed out that I actually fulfilled several of my New Years resolutions without even realizing it - simply because I had set them for myself.


This year, I took full advantage of my MacBook Pro by color-coding my life (AKA my Stickies feature) into categories, and my blue Stickies, labeled as "To Do," currently feature my long -term and short-term summer goals. They are:


Short Term:
-UNPACK
-Make freshman year scrapbook page

("Unpack" is in all caps because I have now been home for 17 days and have yet to move everything out of my garage.)

Long Term:

-Build relationships within TBG; learn about PR
-Work out several times a week
-Eat healthy
-Fulfill summer reading list
*If You Have to Cry Go Outside: And Other Things Your Mother Never Taught You by Kelly Cutrone
*Normal Gets You Nowhere by Kelly Cutrone

*Putting the Public Back in Public Relations: How Social Media is Reinventing the Aging Business of PR by Brian Solis

*The Help

-Learn to cook (AKA watch lots of Barefoot Contessa)

-If possible, work a fashion show
-Visit DC (July 4th?)
-Visit friends from AU
-Become comfortable wearing heels (often!)

I can say with confidence that these goals are not out of my reach, and I've already sort-of fulfilled one of them! I'll explain. This weekend was my uncle's wedding, and since my family had theater tickets to see a production of Curtains nearby, we decided to stay in a hotel overnight and make a little family vacation out of it. This morning I simultaneously carried two suitcases down a 3-floor walk-up hotel staircase in high heels. I'd consider that a goal I can cross off my list.

2 comments:

Samantha B said...

I'm reading If You Have To Cry, Go Outside, too!! :) It's so good so far. I'm only like 1/4 through it, but it's so great. Any PR girl will love it.

Stacey said...

I'm absolutely loving it! Can't wait to move on to her second book :)

Post a Comment

Thoughts?